My philological work focuses strongly on medieval Nubia and the Old Nubian language in particular. As such I am the co-editor-in-chief of Dotawo: A Journal for Nubian Studies and one of the founding members of the Union of Nubian Studies.
You can support my work on Old Nubian by donating here.
- The Etymology of the Toponym “Dorginarti” (Notes on Medieval Nubian Toponymy 6)
- The Etymology of the Toponym “Pourgoundi” (Notes on Medieval Nubian Toponymy 5)
- In Search of the Nubian Master-Builders: An Architectural Drawing from the Faras Cathedral. Appendix: Prayer of a Young Woman
- Old Nubian Relative Clauses
- The Disturbing Object of Philology
- Remarks toward a Revised Grammar of Old Nubian
- A Note on the Old Nubian Morpheme -a in Nominal and Verbal Predicates
- The Old Nubian Memorial for King George